What's NEW @ BeCycling?
Looking for School Holiday Activities?
Check out our Events page for news about October 2015 Half Term activities
BeCycling has secured funding to open the 'Bingley Bike Library'
What is a Bike Library?
The concept of a Bike Library is simple - a location or mobile unit with a fleet of bikes which are available to loan by children and adults alike.
What is a Bike Library?
The concept of a Bike Library is simple - a location or mobile unit with a fleet of bikes which are available to loan by children and adults alike. These bikes can be used to partake in a range of activities to promote healthy living, social inclusion and to have fun! Activities may be as specific as a basic bike maintenance course or simply just give the freedom to ride on a safe route with family and friends.
Yorkshire Bank Bike Libraries in association with Cycle Yorkshire have an ambition to create and support a network of small, local bike libraries, providing them with free bikes to get started along with ongoing advice, support and profile, as well as to help develop existing bike libraries and similar social enterprises.- See more at: http://bikelibraries.yorkshire.com/faq#sthash.UBm0OSxA.dpuf
The 'Bingley Bike Library' will offer:
- Loans of bikes to children in schools who are doing their Bikeability training
- Loans of bikes to individuals
- 'Dr Bike' sessions in schools and at our cycle in the park events to give your bike an MOT
- Maintenance sessions so you can learn the basics
- Recycle bikes donated to the library for others to use
Check out the Events page for Dr Bike and Maintenance sessions.
Contact us if you want to find out more about our bike loan scheme or donate your bike.
Find out more about the Yorkshire Bank Bike Library Scheme and how you can donate your old bike for recycling.
Women's Cycle Sessions
in partnership with BeCycling can offer women only sessions in Bingley in Autumn 2015:
- Learn To Ride for Beginners (and those returning to cycling)
- How to Ride with Children
- Basic Bike Maintenance Sessions
- Guided Women’s Cycle Rides
Join Helen, Kate and Chris at the Launch event on 3rd October 2015 in Bingley Market Square
You’re never too young or old to take up cycling.
Training provided for groups and individuals. National Standards trained instructor. CRB checked and first aid qualified. Check out our Events page or get in touch email@example.com as we provide tailored training sessions to suit your needs.
BeCycling can offer...
- Road Safety Awareness Sessions
- Bikeability Training Courses
- Guided off road rides for children
- Cycle Training for adults
- Skills sessions for youngsters
- School Holiday Activities
Holiday activities at Cullingworth Primary School